OpenBrace Cookies Policy
OpenBrace Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors, and makes only very limited use of “cookies” for the sole purpose of enabling the correct operation of the OpenBrace website.
This policy outlines what cookies are, and how they are used by the OpenBrace website.
Last updated: 05 Oct 2015
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a website to a web browser and stored by the web browser on the user’s computer. The information is then sent back to the website each time the web browser requests a page or other resource from the website, submits information to the website, or otherwise communicates with it.
In general, such “cookies” have many uses, some of which are strictly necessary and entirely innocent, and some of which you may find undesirable.
At their simplest, cookies enable a website to remember where it is in its conversation with the user (in particular, to identify which user each incoming request has been sent by, so that the website can recognise that request as part of an ongoing conversation with that particular user). However, they are also used by some websites as a way of tracking and collating data across multiple websites and services, possibly even making this information available to other websites, companies and services (for example, to track which websites you have visited and show targeted advertising based on this).
In particular, the OpenBrace website (including its discussion forums):
- Does not use any “persistent” or “tracking” cookies;
- Will not send you, update, access, or otherwise make use of any “third‑party” cookies (which could potentially pass information between this website and other websites or services).
The OpenBrace website may, however, make use of one or more “session” cookies to keep track of your interaction with this website whilst you are using it. The cookie or cookies used for this purpose do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to directly identify you. Web browsers are not supposed to permit any other websites or services to access these cookies, and are supposed to delete them automatically when you close the browser.
Specifically, this website currently uses the following cookies:
- Cookie “JSESSIONID”: Some parts of this
website (for example, its discussion forums and “buy”
pages) use a “session” cookie to identify each of
your interactions with the relevant part of the website whilst
you are using it. This allows the website to recognise these
interactions as all coming from the same user and forming a
single “conversation” with the relevant part of
the website (for example, when you are progressing through
a form that continues across multiple pages). Different parts
of the website may use separate cookies for this, but all
such cookies always have:
- A “host” name of “www.openbrace.com”.
- A cookie name of “JSESSIONID”.
- An “HTTP only” marker that instructs your browser that the cookie should only be available to the website itself (and not to any scripts or add-ons running within your browser).
- A “secure” marker that instructs your browser that this session cookie should only be transmitted when using an encrypted connection (so that it is not vulnerable to eavesdropping).
This website (including its discussion forums) will not use any other cookies without first obtaining your explicit consent.