OpenBrace Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. Any personal information that you supply to us will be held with the utmost care and used only for limited and appropriate purposes.
This policy explains in detail what information we might collect about you and how we will treat any such information.
Last updated: 05 Oct 2015
1 Information That We Collect
We may collect and store any or all of the following kinds of information resulting from your use of this website:
- Details of any purchases you make of our products or services and of your payments for such purchases (including any information about such transactions that we are legally required to obtain in order to comply with rules, which may include your geographical location, and any you provide), but subject to the restrictions noted below;
- Information that you provide to us when you register to participate in any facilities provided by this website, or when you configure any user‑profile or account settings associated with such registrations (for example, when you register to participate in this website’s discussion forums and configure your user profile and preferences for your use of the discussion forums);
- Any topics, replies or other content that you post to this website’s discussion forums;
- Information that you provide to us in response to any polls or surveys that we carry out;
- Any feedback, e‑mails or other correspondence that you send to us; and
- Information about your visits to this website as normally recorded in website logs, potentially including the number and timing of your visits to each of this website’s pages and other resources, and any information supplied by your browser about your computer (potentially including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and ).
However, note that:
- We do not ourselves collect, process or store any credit card details nor any other such sensitive and confidential financial details, and will not obtain any such details from any third-party payment-processing services that we might use.
- Our software products do not collect or report any information about you (in particular, they do not “phone home” or otherwise communicate any personal information with this website or any other OpenBrace or third‑party systems).
2 Use of the Information
We may use the information collected via this website to:
- Process any orders and payments from you for any of our products or services (including any steps necessary to comply with EU VAT rules and any other relevant legislation).
- Provide to you any products or services that you have purchased from us, and any applicable updates and support for those products or services;
- Facilitate your use of this website and any relevant services provided by this website;
- Operate and administer this website’s discussion forums. This includes administering, moderating and publishing any topics, replies and other content that you post to the discussion forums, and implementing the various other facilities provided by the discussion forums (for example, sending notifications of postings to registered users depending on their configured preferences, and allowing registered users to see each other’s “public profiles”);
- Send you notifications, marketing communications and more general commercial communications that relate to any products or services you have purchased from us, or that relate to your use of this website, or that relate to any other issues concerning our business and products which we reasonably believe may be of interest to you (however, we will only do so to the extent that you have agreed to receive such communications, and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require such communications);
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the display of this website and its discussion forums when you access it;
- Deal with any enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to this website or our company, products or services;
- Assist us in the general administration of this website;
- Assist us in the management of our business (for example, to identify relevant issues and trends and improve our products and services accordingly);
- Publish (or supply to selected third parties) aggregated or statistical information about our customers and website visitors (but excluding any information that could be used to identify individual users); and
- Comply with any necessary accounting, auditing or other legal requirements.
If and where payments for any of our products and services are processed using one or more third-party payment-processing services we will share the relevant order and payment information with them to the extent necessary for processing each payment (including where this is required for fraud prevention or to assess or reduce credit risk).
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law (including, for example, where necessary to comply with a legally authorized audit by any EU member state’s tax authority);
- As necessary in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
The OpenBrace website may make limited use of small pieces of information known as “Cookies” that are sent from the website to your web browser and then returned to the website. It uses these cookies so that relevant parts of the website can recognise how the individual requests that you send to it are related to each other and form an ongoing conversation.
5 International Data Transfers
Information that we collect will be stored and processed within the UK and is subject to UK data protection laws.
- Any information that you submit for publication on this website’s discussion forums may be published on the Internet and may therefore become available publicly throughout the world.
- Backup copies of some or all of the information that we collect may be transferred to and stored in other countries (including the United States) which may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the UK; however, any such backup copies will be strongly encrypted such that only OpenBrace Limited is able to retrieve any of the information.
- To comply with EU VAT rules we may at any time be required to provide details of some or all orders and payments for our products and services to any EU member state’s tax authority for auditing purposes.
By supplying any information to OpenBrace Limited you consent to the above transfers of information.
6 Security of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized disclosure of any personal information that you supply to us.
If you use any service provided by this website that requires a password:
- You are responsible for choosing a suitably secure password and for keeping your password confidential.
- We will not ask you for your password other than on the relevant secure pages of this website.
- We will not store your password directly, and no OpenBrace staff will have access to your password. Instead, we will store only an encrypted value derived from your password, sufficient to allow us to check attempts to login to the website.
7 Amendments to This Policy
8 Data Controller and Your Rights
OpenBrace Limited is the “data controller” for this website, and is registered under the UK , with registration number Z1341475. Under that act we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
You may instruct us to provide you with details of the personal information that we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00), and you will first be required to provide appropriate proof of your identity. Initially you should contact us by e‑mail or by post, using the contact details given below. We will respond with details of how to pay the fee and any further information that we require from you in order to process your request.
You may instruct us not to use your personal data for sending you notifications, marketing communications and more general commercial communications at any time. (In practice, we will usually either ask you to explicitly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for these purposes, or will provide facilities within the website or within any emails sent to you through which you can opt‑out of the use of your personal data for these purposes).
9 Updating Your Information
If any of the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, please update it via the relevant website facility if possible or otherwise let us know using the contact details given below.
10 Third‑Party Websites
This website contains links to other websites. In particular, purchases of our products and services via this website may in future be handled through one or more third-party payment-processing services (details of which will be given on the relevant website pages if and where relevant).